Friday, January 20, 2006

Cheddar Cheese Pineapple Tart

I got plenty of pineapple tart recipes in hand. I guess if I had to try one recipe everyday I guess it going to take me 2 weeks plus to finish trying them. LOL

I had picked this pineapple tart recipe, which had cheddar cheese in it. I got the recipe “Here” unfortunately the recipe is in malay and I could understand is contributed by Shangri La Indonesia thing like that. Zu, she is so helpful and had translated the recipe into English for me.

Actually I don’t mind waste some of the ingredients to try them out. And I had halved the recipe so the recipe you see is only “half”.

Verdict: The pastries had very good aroma of dairy products. It melts in mouth too but again they break into crumbles easily and they easily stick onto the fingers.

Mom said, too soft they breaks easily, slightly salty and either too buttery or milky. Hmm... I wonder is because the cheddar cheese too milky for the elderly ones?

DH & I said, we like the buttery and milky taste. I could feel the extra bite of the cheddar cheese but dh said don’t have. But I felt the pastries was a bit dry when swallow them down the throat.




Pastry:
200g butter
25g icing sugar (I had omitted the sugar)
1 egg yolk
12.5g milk powder (But I use 25g cream cheese)
25g shredded cheddar cheese (I use 50g shredded cheddar cheese)
162.5g flour (I use about 200g top flour and 20g corn flour)

Method:
1. Cream butter and cream cheese till light and fluffy.
2. Add in the egg yolk mix until well incorporated.
3. Add in the sieves top flour and corn flour and shredded cheddar cheese and form into soft dough.

Note:
The dough it “Super” wet that I had to flour my hands while wrapping the pineapple filling. I’m not sure it is because I had extra cream cheese and cheddar cheese added. Or I had omitted too much dry ingredients like icing sugar and milk powder. Or it because the “Flour” as it stated “Flour” I assume it should be multi-purpose plain flour but I had use “Top Flour”. And it might be partly one of the reasons, as the adsorption might be different.

8 Comments:

Blogger Fonia said...

OMG... Dear! U are really into Pineapple making??? *Salute X 3*

My bro gf did told me abt she tried some PA tarts fr her malay friend last time, sounds similar to yours. She said that the buttery taste was so good and they really melt-in-mouth type. :)

Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family in advance!

Sunday, January 22, 2006 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Fiona,
Yah, I got the recipe from a malay site they called it “Kue Nastar”. Pretty sinful as you can see the butter is more than the flour.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 1:15:00 AM  
Blogger culinary said...

wah, din invite me to sample it for you, haha

Sunday, January 22, 2006 6:36:00 PM  
Blogger Tazz said...

Aiyoh! Jas, CNY is next week!! How many types of PA are you and your family going to eat? Don't forget there are still lots of other sinful food awaiting. Moderation!!! Next week then attack without double thoughts! That's my plan. *lol*

Sunday, January 22, 2006 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Little Corner of Mine said...

Wah, sinful pineapple tarts! Wish I could taste it!

Gong Xi Fa Chai ya! :)

Monday, January 23, 2006 1:15:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jas, wah, so many types of pineapple tarts you're going to make? Real hardworking sia :) By the way, did you cook your own pineapple filling?

Monday, January 23, 2006 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger jadepearl said...

fOMG....drool!!!! Kudus to you!!!
Gong Xi Fa Chai to you and your family!!!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Jingle,
I’ll remember to invite you next time. :P

Eve,
Got a bit of time lah. See baked quite numbers of them. Heehee.

Ching,
Yes, very sinful had already put on few kgs. LOL

Angie,
Nah, I’ll just stick to Joshua’s 2005 version and this cheddar cheese. No lah, I’m using ready-made pineapple filling. I don’t think I could bake much if I make the pineapple filling myself.

JP,
Kong Hei Fatt Choy to you and your family.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 2:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.