Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Dim Sum Buffet At "Yum Cha"

Went to Chinatown yum cha early morning on Monday. We went to “Yum Cha” for Breakfast Dim Sum buffet. Didn’t know they serve breakfast buffet until I saw their poster in Chinatown MRT station. For adults only $9.80 eats until you drop. Hahaha

Ate half way and all the sudden I remember to take pictures with my newest baby toy. Eh I forgot to adjust the size of the photo. Wasn’t so clear huh?

Variety choices of dim sum, service wise not so bad. Taste wise rather disappointed. I would said they taste “normal” of course there are some which is good, like the steamed ginseng chicken, steamed spare rib and egg tart etc...

Steamed Spare Rib. One of my favorite!


Mango Prawn Roll. Can feel the prawn is swimming inside your mouth and the mango is sweet. But the paper wafer skin was not crispy.


Prawn Ball. Average.


Century Egg & Lean Meat Congee. Look good huh? But then it taste pretty bland.


Zhu Cheong Fen With Char Siew. Average lor.


Steamed Ginseng Chicken. I love this chicken, though I hate the ginseng smell but this doesn’t smell that bad. *Thumb up*


Lor Mai Kai. It has a very good aroma of the lotus leave. Taste wise average too.


Taro Puff. Wasn’t so oily but wasn’t much taro taste almost zero.


Egg tart. (No Photo) I like the egg filling but then their pastries are too thick.

Char Siew Bao. (No Photo) I still prefer the “PAUS” at jurong point, the one facing the NTWU coffee shop.

Phoenix Claw. (No Photo) Darn I miss that out. Meaning? Didn’t eat lah.

Dessert time! They got Guiling Gao (herbal jelly), Red Bean Paste and Mango Pudding. I saw other table (also 2 person) order all 3 kinds of desserts. Darn if I know can order all 3 I would have done so too. Argh… anyway we had the mango pudding. Eh damn good too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Fonia said...

OMG... Jas, all the yummy dim sum names you have mentioned plus the pics! *Craving* :(

Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:09:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also find Yum Cha so-so only. Have you tried 'Da Dong'? Just opposite Yum Cha, their egg tarts really nice.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:30:00 PM  
Blogger Tazz said...

The last time I went to the restaurant was two years ago. :)

Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:12:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Well, $9.80 eats until you drop, not so bad.

Fiona,
Heehee, I love dim sum. But quite tiring to make ourselves then only can only make 1 or 2 dishes at time.

Angie,
When they first open, heard their bird nest egg tarts are good. Not too sure, but heard they are expensive. Heard of Da Dong but haven’t tried out their food yet. But we love Tong Heng egg tarts!

Eve,
Oh, they got more choices of dim sum. But taste wise don’t think they improve. LOL

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ethel:
hey. Was wondering where this "yum cha" place is? and what time is the buffet til?

Sunday, March 04, 2007 5:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.