Saturday, September 10, 2005

Green Tea Snow Skin Mooncake

Made Green Tea Snow Skin Mooncake just now. Using Zu’s Snow Skin recipe. For the filling I use lotus seed paste which I bought from PH. I guess I had use too much strength to roll the lotus seed paste into balls as you can see the yolk in the lotus seed paste got “crushed”. Notice Josh (gan55) & Zu shares about the same recipe and Josh (gan55) had condensed milk in it. I omit the condensed milk cause I didn’t want to open the whole tin of condensed milk.

It my first time making mooncake, mom said I had too much filling ain’t mooncake are like that? And now she had asked for the durian filling. I’ll be start baking the baked mooncake tomorrow I wonder how it turns out. Wish me luck ^^.

I had made some plain mooncakes, I didn’t not that the photo. Suppose to add some melon seed in it. I had forgotten to buy when I’m at Phoon Huat yesterday then I though of adding pumpkin seed but too lazy to going downstairs buy.

I had make 2 of the big mooncakes too, it suppose to be the small mooncakes. When I bring it to mould I find it too big for the small mooncake mould so I end up using the big one. Finally result? 2 flat mooncakes LOL.




Snow Skin Flavour Mooncakes
Makes: 9 large ones (12og filling + 60g snow skin)
Or 20 small ones (60g filling + 30g snow skin)

Ingredients:
150g cooked/fried glutinous rice flour
200g icing sugar
65g shortening
150g cold drinking water

Method:
1. Sieve flour & icing sugar.
2. Add shortening.
3. Add water. Mix well till it forms a soft dough.
4. Set dough aside for about 20 mins.
5. Divide dough into small portions of about 30g each.
6. Flatten dough to wrap up 60g fillings.
7. Seal up dough to enclose filling completely. Press into mould & remove.

Note:
For green tea flavor, add ¾ tbsp green tea powder to the flour and sieve.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you shld use only 1/2 or 1/4 egg yolk so it would not be crushed by the smaller mould.

Josh

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Thanks Josh,

I’m too greed for a larger yolk will cut down the yolk. Hee Hee.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Ric said...

hy Jas, with regards to the egg yolks, do you have to precook the salted eggyolk. And if u do so, do you steamed or how do u precook the eggyolks?

thanks

Ric

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 1:33:00 PM  
Blogger Olivia Saputra said...

Hi Jasmine, may I know where you buy the mooncake mould? A friend of mine will go back to New Caledonia and she wants to buy mooncake mould here in Singapore.

Regards

Ollie

Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger cancer_87 said...

may i know is too sweet for this recipe snow skin mooncake??? if i cut down the gm of icing sugar, any problem???

i eng so poor poor yar hope u can know wat i mean yor^^

thx ^^

Thursday, December 24, 2009 7:10:00 AM  
Blogger Anna Schafer said...

Feels like sitting in Heaven and enjoying.matcha tea set perth

Monday, March 14, 2016 1:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.