Sunday, January 01, 2006

Joshua’s (Gan55) 2005 Version Pineapple Tart

Pretty busy lately haven’t been logging into my blog. I didn’t know Evelyn she had tagged me for Meme “You Are What You Eat” I just found out last 2 – 3 days ago. Let me see hmmm... I could accomplish it? No idea yet. LOL :P

I had baked some Pineapple Tarts last few days ago. Using Joshua’s (gan55) 2005 version Pineapple Tarts. The pastries are very soft and it melts in mouth and it has a very good buttery aroma too. DH thinks the tarts taste better with “clove” on it.





Pineapple Tarts 2005 Version
Credit By Joshua (gan55)

Ingredients:
250g golden churn butter
170g cream (I'm using fresh dairy cream, UHT will also do)
75g caster sugar
400g Top flour or Cake flour
30g Corn flour
50g cream cheese
3 egg yolks
1 additional egg yolk + 1 tsp caster sugar (for glazing)

Method:
1. Sift Top flour and corn flour together
2. Using a cake mixer, blend the cream, butter, cream cheese and sugar together till you get a creamy mixture. (10 minutes on speed 2)
3. Add the 3 egg yolks and sifted flour into the creamed butter mixture.
using the cake mixer's dough mixer, mix till it becomes a smooth dough that is oily enough to not stick to your hand
4. Allow the dough to stand for 10 minutes. (Chilling helps if you are making the pineapple on top kind)
5. Divide dough into small balls and the pineapple filling into balls roughly 1/2 the size of the dough.
6. Wrap filling ball with dough ball and shape as desired. Glaze with the glazing mix.
7. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes in a oven. (If using convection oven with turbo fan, lower temperature to 160 degrees Celsius)
8. Remove from oven and re-glaze again before baking for another 5 minutes till golden brown on top.

Pineapple Filling:
4 pineapples
9 cloves
Caster sugar

Method:
1. Peel the pineapple.
2. Grate the pineapple using a grater or using a juicer (grater better)
3. Squeeze out the juice from the grated pineapple fiber.
4. In a frying pan, put the pineapple fiber and heat using low flame.
5. Add cloves and fry till water has dried up halfway.
6. Add sugar to taste. (Amount depending on how sweet pineapple was originally and how sweet u want filling to be)
7. Continue frying till filling starts to dry and turns golden in colour (about 1 hr later)

Note: While frying, you have to stir continuously and remember to keep the flame small. It’s easier to add sugar by dissolving it in some of the unwanted pineapple juice and adding this to the grated pineapple.

Note By Me:
1. Okay I cheat I used ready-made pineapple filling.
2. As for melts in mouth pastries: after mixing all the ingredients, try not to knead the dough too much.
3. I had omitted the sugar, cause I’m using ready-made pineapple filling, as they are usually very sweet.

14 Comments:

Blogger culinary said...

wah, i was waiting for your pineapple tarts, now can see how beautiful they look.

Monday, January 02, 2006 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Tazz said...

Jas, I am still half-hearted about whether to make Pineapple Tarts! Seems like very tedious. *lol*

About the Meme... Hmm... OI! Last year until this year, ONE YEAR, you know? still no idea? *lol* (That's how I count, by year not days) Kekekeke...

Monday, January 02, 2006 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger jadepearl said...

Yummylicious pineapple tarts!!! Can send some over pls?

Got your "what I need to bake for CNY" list ready yet? *wink* I am sure the pineapple tarts will be on your list this year!

Monday, January 02, 2006 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

Delish ! nice layout of blog too. Scrolling picture....care to teach me a NOOB in IT...

Monday, January 02, 2006 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jas, the tarts look great, I like the enclosed ones, so cute! :)

Monday, January 02, 2006 10:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol.... 2006 version recipe will be out soon....after the weekend I guess....must go buy the ingredients to try.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Jingle, where got beautiful my glazing no good. I still prefer those open up tarts without glaze. :p

Eve, quite in fact I make about 20 pieces of tarts in the first batch. The rest dump into the fridge and I go nap for a while. LOL

Eh Meme, already one-year arh times flies so fast *blink innocently*. Still got who haven’t got tag yet? Tag them first! LOL :p

JP, ossp already finishes on the very next day. Yah, I had made a list for the CNY but think of the works needed. Sian ½ already LOL

Thanks Angie, we like the enclosed one too. ^^

Josh, thanks for sharing. I think the version 2006 can wait for next year! LOL should wait and see your version 2006 recipe then decision. Don’t let us wait too long or else not enough time to bake. Heehee

Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:09:00 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Thanks Mike. Erm... I’m not sure what the meaning of “noob” but I can sense I belong to the noob family too! LOL

About the scrolling pictures, actually I “steal” the ermm idea? From Jan”s Kitchen ossp you remind me I didn’t asked her for permission. You can use the “mouse right click” and you see “view source” click on it. You can view the so-called HTML by note pad or word pad.

Hmm... HTML cannot be accepted here. I won't able to paste here to show you. Email can?

Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger Little Corner of Mine said...

Very pretty pineapple tarts, Jas! It's quite tedious to make, so I'm like Tazz still undecided! :(

Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Thanks Ching,
Heehee, I cheat I use ready-made pineapple filling, so not that bad. Last year I tried making the pineapple filling myself. I end up cooking them more than 1 day.

Josh 2005 version pineapple tart really worth trying.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jas, u have a great n good food blog. May i say thankyou to you for sharing your recipes n knowledge. thank you very much.
I want to make yr tarts but may i know do i have to knead again after mixing the dough to get a melts in the mouth pastries.

rgds,
siti

Monday, July 10, 2006 8:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been searching the net for a recipe to create those melt in the mouth tarts and chanced upon yours.

So excited.. will try it next week!

Homemaker in the West too

Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks delicious!!! Can i use oven toaster? I have no microwave oven at home..

Saturday, February 10, 2007 4:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jas,
my dough is very mushy...despite chilling it still kind of stick to the hands. do i have to add more flour???:(

Sunday, February 03, 2008 3:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.