Thursday, September 22, 2005

Sponge Cake

Made sponge cake for my Boston Cheesecake base. I guess I had under whisk my batter, my sponge cake wasn’t fluffy but ‘flat” with strong egg smell.



Sponge Cake

(A)
250g sponge mix flour
4 eggs

(B)
50ml water

(C)
80g melted butter

Pour (A) into mixing bowl. Whisk till thick.
Add in (B) and mix into batter. Whisk the batter till light and fluffy.
Mix in (C) with the batter till well blended.
Pour into a 9” round mould. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes.

Note:
I saw this from the back of the sponge mix flour it prints “Mix high speed for 10 minutes, and then reduce to medium speed for 3 – 5 minutes”.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jas,

Can I use normal flour instead of sponge mix flour?

Monday, January 12, 2009 1:03:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

while u adding the water dont stop the hand whisk . and slowly pour in the water.

Sunday, June 21, 2009 9:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.