Saturday, January 14, 2006

Kuih Bangkit

Baked Kuih Bangkit yesterday morning. Using Belachan’s (Ching) Kuih Bangkit recipe. Firstly had to thanks Ching for sharing and her step-by-step Kuih Bangkit guide! These kuih bangkit are absolutely worth trying!

But then again I’m damn frustrated with these kuih bangkit. To get the right consistency of the dough, I’ve been kneading the dough over and over again it totally impossible to shape them no matter how much flour I had added in. I end up rolling them into balls and send it to the oven and bake.

Geez... feel like throwing the dough away *sniff* *sniff* wait a minute. The kuih bangkit smells so good. I’m so eager to try them out. Hmm... I wonder the temperature of the oven was a bit too high? The cookies have lost it shape heck I didn’t expect them come out nicely too, cause when I cut the dough with a cookie cutter they are not in shape too.

I swear these kuih bangkit tastes damn good, very light & crispy and it melts in mouth! Phew ~ I did not dump the dough away earlier. I guessed the dough gets better after resting them for 30 minutes they are much easily to handle this time. Second batch, still the shapes are out but at least better than the first batch. Heehee




14 Comments:

Blogger Tazz said...

Congrats!!!! You did it! :)

Saturday, January 14, 2006 8:10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your KB looks really good, they don't look out of shape to me :)

Saturday, January 14, 2006 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Little Corner of Mine said...

Yup! Looks good, don't look out of shapes to me too. :)

Frankly, I think this is the best my kuih bangkit can do because it puff out during baking, and thus gives it the crispiness and melt-in-the-mouth taste to it. It can't really hold any pattern because it puff lah.

One thing have to say though, you very terror huh, placed them so closed together. When it puffed, it will stick to the other, you need to give them a little more space to "kembang" while baking.

You might not have to bake it for 15 mins (some oven temp. does vary), look at your color, perhaps 12 mins can already? Can do taste test and adjust the right time for your oven.

But well done, glad you didn't throw it away! :)

Sunday, January 15, 2006 1:41:00 AM  
Blogger Fonia said...

Jas, Congrats!!! Very pretty KB leh.

Monday, January 16, 2006 6:03:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Thanks ladies,
Thanks for your kind words. ^^

Ching,
In our family kuih bangkit is always the most unpopular CNY cookies. But we love your kuih bangkit very much.

When you said, puff I thought it will puff upward. Although mine does puff upward but it also seems “spreading” on the sides. Should have seen my first batch of kuih bangkit worse still. LOL actually I baked the kuih bangkit for 20 minutes. Slightly kiasu. Heehee.

Monday, January 16, 2006 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger Lazyg3r said...

Jas
Your KB looks really good!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Thanks Judy, ^^

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 2:01:00 PM  
Blogger jadepearl said...

Wah...wonderful wonderful kuih bangkit!!! Kudus to you!!!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:50:00 PM  
Blogger Little Corner of Mine said...

Jas, I'm so happy to read this. At least I know all my effort is worth it. Thank you! :)

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 12:58:00 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

JP,
Thanks for your kind words. ^^

Ching,
I’m appreciated what I’ve been teach by unselfish peoples like you guys here. A big thanks you for you too. THANK YOU!

Saturday, January 21, 2006 5:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

i'm really impressed by this website.. am a singaporean living in new york now and so constantly scouring for recipes from our sunny island. wonder if you can take pity on this far away singaporean and spare me your kueh bangkit recipe? i'm a true blue fan of that yummy cookie!
thanks!

sidneynyun@yahoo.com

Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi. is there anyway you could post the recipe. the link doesn't seem to be working any more. would be highly appreciated. thanku...

Friday, January 23, 2009 12:41:00 PM  
Anonymous tracy said...

ya, i cant find the recipe too... pls repost, thx...

Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

hi jas, just wondering what did you use to make the traditional design to the kueh bangkit?

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 11:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.