Monday, October 17, 2005

Happy Birthday Un-sweet!!!

It DH’s birthday today, he wanted a German Cheesecake. It baking in the oven right now darn I forgot to line the side and base with greaseproof paper. I don’t mind the cake looks ugly on the normal day but it DH’s birthday I wanted to make him a perfect one. Should I bake another one?

Quite mushy to say this, DH given me a nickname called “Sweet”. I got him a nickname too “Un-sweet” :laugh:

I just check on the cheesecake it going to be ready in 10 minutes but then surface is cracking!!! I’m surprising the cheesecake did not stick to the side when I remove the cheesecake from the tin while it hot and it did not sank.




I had re-do the German Cheesecake again this time I use marie biscuits for base. I make sure I remember to line the greaseproof paper on the side and base this time and yes I did. Phew~~~ there wasn’t any crack on the surface. This time I cool my cheesecake in the pan and it sank. :Pout:

I did some simple decoration with cream cheese and canned apricots. How? It my first time doing decoration, you might thought it easy but I had spend about 10 minutes to line them up.



Closer Look.


German Cheesecake
Makes a 7” inch round cheesecake.

Base:
80g Marie Biscuits
50g Butter
OR
7” inch round vanilla sponge cake (1.5 cm thickness)

Cheese Filling:
(A)
250g Cottage Cheese
25g Butter
½ lemon zest, granted
¾ tbsp lemon juice
2 egg yolks
20g sugar

(B)
30g corn flour

(C)
100g sour cream

(D)
1 egg white
30g sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

(E)
15g raisins, chopped
10g rum

Decoration
100g cream cheese
1 tbsp sugar
Apricots

Method:
1. Place the sponge cake or press the biscuits mixture at the bottom of the greased 7”inch spring form tin. Pre-soak (E) for 1 hour.
2. Sieve (?) the cottage cheese in (A). Mix it with the rest of the (A) ingredients until well blended.
3. Add (B) and mix until well combined. Add (C) and mix until well blended.
4. Whip the egg white in (D) until foamy. Then add in the remaining (D) ingredients and whip until stiff. Fold it into the cheese mixture from step (3). Mix until well incorporated.
5. Add (E) and stir gently until well combined. Pour the cheese filling onto the prepared cake or biscuit base.
6. Bake in water bath at 160C for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown and the centers is set.
7. Remove the cake from the oven. Set aside to cool. Refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.

Decoration:
1. Whisk cream cheese till soft. Add in the sugar continue whisk till soft and creamy.
2. Pipe the cheese mixture with piping bag and place the apricot slice on top the cheese mixture.

Note:
1. Recipe asked form cottage cheese but I use cream cheese.
2. On Step (2) “Sieve the cottage cheese” I guess it mean “Drain” the cottage cheese as cottage cheese itself the is liquid in it. But I use cream cheese, so I just cream till it soft and creamy.
3. I had omitted the (E) raisins and rum.



Finish Decoration.

9 Comments:

Blogger myCoffee said...

You are good at making cheese cake! Any photo to show this time? ;-)

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Hi mycoffee,

Nah… I’m good in nothing except eating hee hee. Got photos, it already post up. ^^

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Tazz said...

Eating too much Cheese Cake is bad for you and your hubby!!! Send your next round of Cheese Cake to Tampines!! Hear that? *lol*

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Yes mummy, loud and clear. Hee hee

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:16:00 AM  
Blogger myCoffee said...

I have a question to ask you. Among the many cheese cakes that you have baked, which is your personal favourite? ;)

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Thanks Connie. :D

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:15:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Mycoffee,

Boston Cheesecake & Peach Yogurt Cheesecake!!

On the day it baked Boston Cheesecake are more like light cheesecake soft and moist. But it becomes slightly firm after chill over night in refrigerator.

On the day it baked Peach Yogurt Cheesecake are more creamy and moist. No chance to chill over night causes on the day itself it already finishes! :lol:

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:29:00 PM  
Blogger Frances said...

Hi JAs,
I saw your cheesecake and even the cracked version looks yummy too! Don't tell me you threw away that cake?:P My oreo cheesecake cracked worse than yours , IN THE MIDDLE! URG!

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Hi Chloe,

No lah, throwaway very waste. Btw I can finish half a cake myself, plus there are 6 of us, so it wasn’t a problem. :LOL: I thought mine was so badly crack. :sulk:

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.