Thursday, October 20, 2005

Pandan Cheesecake

After so much “Ang Moh” style cheesecake, should have change something new. Pandan Cheesecake! Something very Asia it caught my attention when I first saw the photo on the cookbook it was so tempted that I can’t get this out of my mind. And finally I got my Pandan Cheesecake done today!

Verdict: Pretty unique cheesecake although it looks like Japanese light cheesecake with a very nice light green color. Taste wise slightly heavy and it creamy. It has a great aroma of coconut, if you like pandan cake you going like this cheesecake too.




Pandan Cheesecake
Makes a 7” cheesecake.

(A)
375g cream cheese
75g sugar

(B)
2 egg yolks

(C)
15g flour
15g corn flour

(D)
150g coconut milk
1 tsp Pandan Juice
Green coloring

(E)
2 egg whites
60g sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar

Method:
1. Cream (A) until light. Add (B) and cream until smooth.
2. Add (C) and mix until well combined.
3. Add (D) into the cheese mixture. Mix until well combined.
4. Whip (E) until soft peaks. Add it into the cheese mixture from step (3). Mix until well incorporated.
5. Grease and line bottom of a 7” inch round tin. Pour the cheese filling onto the tin.
6. Bake in water bath at 160C for 60 – 70 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
7. Remove it from the oven and set aside to cool.
8. Refrigerator it for 5 hours. Remove the cake from the tin and serve.

Note:
1. I only added ¼ tsp of cream of tartar to the egg white. There wasn’t any cream of tartar in the original recipe.
2. I added 3 tsp of pandan juice yet there wasn’t any pandan taste.
3. I added 2 drops of green coloring, but they looks too light. Perhaps you can add another 2 more drops of green coloring to achieve a nicer light green coloring. The color should be lighter than pandan cake.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Connie,

Cheesecake queen?! That is too much for me probably cheesecake siao sound better. :P Hee hee Yes! That the word “Rich”!

I wont be trying out the Cheese Chiffon so soon cause I don’t have a chiffon cake tin. Does normal tin works?

It a cream cheese chiffon cake. Do you want to try it out first? I can post you the recipe. Just let me know where you want me to post.

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Connie,

Hee Hee. How the chiffon cake? Had you bake them yet? How does it taste like? Are they good?

I see, had to check it with Florence. I wonder how she inverted the cake pan by using normally cake pan.

Friday, October 21, 2005 9:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.