Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Mixed Snow Skin Mooncake

I had made some Green Tea, Black Sesame And Durian Snow Skin Mooncake. I bought the Durian Paste from Phoon Huat $11.10/ KG very nice and nice aroma too.

For the Durian snow skin I had add some yellow coloring and some durian essences for better aroma.

For Black Sesame snow skin I had add and knead in some instant “Black Sesame Gruel” you can buy it at any supermarket.

For Green Tea snow skin I had add some Green Tea Powder in it. you can buy it from Phoon Huat too.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is supmtous. i love mooncake and i am dying to taste one. However, this thing comes rare and only once a year. Just looking at this picture keeps me counting the days that mooncakes are here.

Monday, November 28, 2005 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Hi,

LOL, the ingredients are easily found in Singapore. Guess we don’t have to wait till until the mooncake festival. :P

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have very frustrating time with getting the right consistency for the baked mooncake pastry (traditional pastry). I do exactly as the recipe says but each time I make the dough, it turns out runny and so soft that it is impossible to wrap any fillings. Could this be caused by the quality of the golden syrup which I make myself. I also get different texture each time I make the syrup and different tone of golden colour. What should I do to make near perfect mooncakes.

Would really appreciate any tips you can offer.

Many thanks.

Friday, September 01, 2006 7:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.