Monday, October 24, 2005

Pumpkin Crisps

Thought of baking Chocolate chip cookies this morning but wasn’t enough flour. End up baking Pumpkin Crisps anyway it in my baking / cooking upcoming list.

It actually a Almond Crisps recipe, instead of almond flakes I changes it to pumpkin seeds.




Almond Crisps / Pumpkin Crisps

Ingredients:
1 egg white
¼ cup icing sugar
40g plain flour
2 tbsp honey
30g butter
¼ tsp vanilla essence
100g almond flakes

Method:
1. Beat egg white. Add icing sugar and beat. Add honey and vanilla essence and mix well. Add plain flour and stir for a while.
2. Add melted butter and mix well. Leave to cool. Add almond flakes.
3. Put 1 tbsp of ingredients onto greased baking tray. Flatten until thin.
4. Bake at 180C in preheated oven for 12 minutes until golden.
5. Remove and leave to cool.

Note:
1. When it said, “Beat egg white” I not too sure what it mean. I just beat egg white till foamy and add in the sugar and the rest of the ingredients till soft peak.
2. I only had 50g of pumpkin seeds added into the mixture, probably that the reason of runny mixture?
3. While spooning the mixture onto the baking tray, make sure they don’t get too close to each other or else they will smear together?!
4. My got smear into a sheet?! Remove it from the baking tray slices them while they are still hot once they are cool it harden up.

4 Comments:

Blogger myCoffee said...

These look so good...! I'm a big fan of pumpkin. Can share the recipe please?

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Thanks Mycoffee,

Sure I had post the recipe. Hope you will like it.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 2:14:00 PM  
Blogger myCoffee said...

*LOL* I though you purposely make it into squares. But they look attractive the way they are.
Btw, do we have to roast the pumpkin seeds first or just use those store bought ones?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Mycoffee,

Heehee, thanks for your kind words. I bought the pumpkin seed kernel from phoon huat. The lady who works there said it better to toasted the pumpkin seed first so they are more fragrant. For me I didn’t toast the pumpkin seed.

I’m not too sure about those bought from the store are suitable. Cause those got sugar and salt added.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.