Friday, November 18, 2005

Fruit Meringue

Since I’m stuck with 33 egg whites! I got no reason not to try out this meringue. Frankly I got freak out by the soft on the inside! Perhaps I’m not used to it and the eggy smell. But it crispy on the outside and it too sweet for my liking.





Fruit Meringue
Makes 6

Ingredients:
3 egg whites
120g castor sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp corn flour
Fruit, as desire

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 120C for about 10 minutes.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.

Method:
1. Beat the egg white until foamy. Add sugar a little at a time and beat until smooth and soft peaks form. Slowly stir in white vinegar and corn flour.
2. Put the egg white into a piping bag. Pipe in spiral motion to form a 7 cm base. Then pipe a layer around the edge of 5 cm tall. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the oven down to 50C. Continue to bake for another 30 minutes until the top and the edge turn crispy. Turn off the oven and open it. Let meringue cup cool inside the oven.
3. Arrange fruit in the meringue cup. Serve.

4 Comments:

Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

Too much sugar....try beating them up till they are slightly harden. To check turn ur bowl upside down and if it stays, ur meringue is SUPERB.....

Saturday, November 19, 2005 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Mike,

Thanks, yah 120g of sugar too sweet. I made one only and the rest feed the bin. LOL!

Sunday, November 20, 2005 2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Tazz said...

Jas, how long did you keep your egg whites? and how? Just kept in an airtight container and put in the fridge?

I kept some egg whites for a couple of days and I felt uneasy, so I threw them away.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 8:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Eve,

Hmm... I manage to finishes it in 3 days. I guess it better to finish it within 3 days. Kept to long bacteria might grow.

Monday, November 21, 2005 4:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.