Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Baked Mooncake

I’m back! Been MIA a couple of days and I’m back with a lot of Mooncakes like Durian, Red Bean, Lotus and White Lotus filling. I’m so tempt to make my own “Pandan Lotus Filling but didn’t. *Sulk*

Started to make snow skin mooncake last week and this week baked mooncake using Florence’s recipe, it my first time baking mooncake. It worth trying, very easy just make sure you don’t over-bake them and they are great!

In Florence’s recipe it asks for “Plain Flour” but I’m trying to act smart I use “HK Flour” end up having runny batter as dough. I had ask Florence for help, she is fast she reply me within few minutes. She explains and shares the tips on making mooncake.

I re-do the dough, this time I make sure I follow Florence’s recipe. Yes, the dough is much easy to handle than the previous dough. Lucky I didn’t carry on using the runny dough as I bring a small dough to baked and it turns out as hard as rock. *Sulk*







Note:
I think the dough is much easy to handle after 1 hour “Resting”.
For darker “look” just add few drops of dark soy sauce.

6 Comments:

Blogger myCoffee said...

I like how your mooncakes, especially the bigger ones have such nice and even tone and sheen. Did you add oil to the egg glace?

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Hi mycoffee,

Thanks! I did not use egg glaze, I use “Super Glaze” I bought it from Phoon Huat.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how nice and evenly brown your mooncakes are. Well done. _kirsten

Thursday, September 15, 2005 2:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Riko said...

Thanks Kristen. ^^

Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the ingredients in the "super glaze" you used? I am a vegetarian who is learning how to make mooncakes. I am looking all over the places for the substitute of traditional egg yolk glaze. Thanks. :)

Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Inner Thoughts said...

Hi, I'm learning to make MCs for the 1st time tis year but I'm not sure how to make the Golden syrup =( Pls advice. Thanks in adv!! =)

Saturday, September 10, 2011 1:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.