Thursday, January 26, 2006

Almond Melting Moments

I had baked some Melting Moments yesterday and they melt in second! Mh loves the cookies very much and so do I.

So I decided to bake more Melting Moment today. I had added some almond essence instead of the vanilla essence and added more almond bits and flakes for decoration. And here are my Almond Melting Moments.

I thought of adding the ground almond into the recipe but I’m afraid they don’t turns out melting. Perhaps I should have tried them out next time.




Almond Melting Moments
Ingredients:
227g unsalted butter, room temperature
175g all-purpose flour
90g cornstarch (corn flour)
¼ tsp salt
35g icing sugar
1 – 1½ tsp almond essence
Almond bits or flakes for decoration

1. Sieves flour, cornstarch and salt together. Set aside.
2. Use electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the almond essence.
4. Add the flour mixture and beat until incorporated. Do not over mix.
5. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least one hour or until dough is firm.
6. Floured your hands with all purpose flour and roll dough into small balls and place on a lined tray.
7. Flatten the dough slightly with a floured fork.
8. Decorate the dough by added some almond bits or flakes on top.
9. Bake at 190C for about 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
10. Cool and store in a airtight container.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jas,

Your Almond melting moments look so delicious. I'm thinking of trying it out for the coming Chinese New Year. The only thing is if I would like to add some almond bits to make it slightly crunchier yet retain the melting moments texture, could you advise me how much I should add in? It doesn't have to be as cunchy as your almond butter crisp.

Thanks!

Rgds, Cheryn

Sunday, January 20, 2008 12:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We would like to feature this recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Jas's Kitchen. All rights reserved.